Please complete and submit all of the following documents to initiate a recruitment:
- HR Mapping Form - used for assessment and mapping (only required for University Staff) - Mapping form can now be attached to the bottom of the RII Recruitment Form for submission.
- RII Recruitment Form - used for Talent job ad. This is where you want to sell your position to the public.
Need help with building a job description?
Please view the University Staff Career Architecture to obtain information about the functions, families, and titles. Upon identifying the appropriate title for your position please proceed with creating the job description. If you need help identifying the right job please contact our office at email@example.com for assistance.
RIIES will action recruitment requests within 24-48 hours of receipt including RII leadership approvals.
- Step 1: RIIES creates a position number (PCN), routes to HR Compensation, then Workforce Systems - 3-5 days from submission to load into Talent
- Step 2: Once PCN is in Talent, RIIES will submit the Talent Req, routes to HR Recruitment - 5-7 days from submission to post.
No verbal or written offers above the midpoint for the position’s career architecture can be provided without PRIOR approval from Division of HR/Compensation. Please contact RII Employee Services before making an offer to your selected candidate and provide name and proposed compensation offer so we can verify the amount is within guidelines. If compensation being offered is above the mid-point of the pay range provide a written rationale that describes the candidates unique/special skills that warrants such an amount. RII Employee Services will submit your request to offer above the midpoint to HR Compensation for approval. When an offer has to be rescinded because it does not meet the compensation guidelines it creates a unfavorable experience for the candidate.
Department/division is responsible for following the Compensation Administration Guidelines and making equitable pay decisions. Managing within Pay Ranges should be taken into consideration when any pay decision is made. The department/division should take into account the education, experience, knowledge and skills of the individual and place them within the pay range appropriately while also taking into consideration internal equity within the department, division and the University. In the end the department/division should be able to support the pay decisions they make. Please refer to the Compensation Administration Guidelines (see page 8) for a guide on how to apply the quartiles of the pay ranges.
Remote Work Location?
IMPORTANT: Human Resources recently announced guidance for managing remote work requests, meaning outside of Arizona. ALL requests for remote work arrangements must be vetted and approved by RII senior leadership and central Human Resources before the posting will be approved. This can take between 4 and 6 weeks for approval and an additional 2 weeks for the hire process to commence after approved. Due to the delays this new guidance may cause to the recruitment process we strongly encourage you contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. immediately if you are considering a remote work arrangement for a position! We will do our best to facilitate and expedite requests.
>Named in Grant
Have you received a new sponsored award? Congratulations!
Are you wanting to hire an individual named in the awarded grant? If so, please request a non-competitive recruitment. In addition to completing the above forms, please send a copy of the sponsored approved budget and budget justification to email@example.com.
The following documents are provided to support the Search Committee in conducting a successful recruitment.
- UA Guide to Successful Searches - This is a great document that provides a large amount of very useful information; includes lists of interview and reference questions.
- RII Internal Support Guide - Includes information on workflow and roles; includes matrix templates.
- Sample Search Committee Invite memo - Word version available upon request
- Talent Search Committee Guide - Instructions on how to navigate within Talent to view applicants and schedule interviews.